Friday 27 February 2015

Three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field for my professional and personal development.
During this past eight weeks I have been able to learn about the issues and trends in early childhood field with my colleagues and with the help of international early childhood organizations in both Canada and Australia. It has been an interesting joy ride getting to know about the issues and trends of early childhood field internationally and how they tackle these issues in their various ways.
One of the consequences of learning about international early childhood field is the dual communication. This communication creates a forum for me as an early childhood professional to exchange views and ideas between me and my international counterparts. I am able to contact EC leaders through mail, email but the most important of it all is my ability to get information from a wide range of EC leaders who are leading the research, programs, and initiatives from around the world. One of the podcast I tuned into gave me an idea of inequality that a girl child faces in the field of science in Nigeria.
Another consequence I believe is having a broad knowledge of issues and trends that most EC professionals are facing, a good example of that is the issue of equity and excellence in early care and education. In Ontario Canada, just to attain a standard in excellence and equity, the EC members try as much as possible to attend as many meetings, consultations and community events as possible in order to represent early childhood educators, build partnerships and stay informed on current development, so that they will be able to maintain a good standard.
The next consequence is the ability of enriching me professionally, over the past eight weeks I have been able to read emails from EC professionals, visit their advocacy webpage and also read their articles.  This consequence has taught me about professionalism in EC field and also the steps I need to follow to be able to achieve the qualities needed by me to be able to get to that stage of being an EC professional. I have come to realize that this is a lifetime career and in order for me to keep up with issues and trends of early childhood field I need to collaborate with my international colleagues, share ideas on how to move forward in achieving our goals and also take stand on educational appropriate practices.
One goal for the field related to international awareness of issues and trends and the spirit of collegial relations would be the ability to cultivate a collegial atmosphere or forum where by all EC professionals will come together to express their fears and worries and at the same time have ideas and solution towards achieving equity and also bridging the achievement gaps that exist.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Patience,

    You wrote that "One goal for the field related to international awareness of issues and trends and the spirit of collegial relations would be the ability to cultivate a collegial atmosphere or forum where by all EC professionals will come together to express their fears and worries and at the same time have ideas and solution towards achieving equity and also bridging the achievement gaps that exist." I feel the same way. Coming together we really expand our ability to achieve equity and excellence, while cultivating our relations and resources. I enjoyed being in the same class, and I truly hope that our paths cross again. Take care of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post!!! I have learned so much over these eight weeks about issues and trends in early childhood. Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,

    I don't know what happen to my original posting but, here it is again.
    I truly enjoyed learning and reading about, the "International Organizations
    you chose,and still not a one contacted me. I'm very glad someone
    contact you.
    I wish much success in your next courses at Walden.

    Again Great Posting!!


    ReplyDelete