Saturday 14 March 2015

                   My Professional Research Journey.
My chosen topic for my research   simulation is quality in early childhood education and why I chose it is because when I think quality what comes to my mind is excellence and for us as early childhood professionals to be able to achieve excellence there must be quality in our profession, taking developmental appropriate practices on how to bring up children holistically and also collaborating with parents too will help us bridge the gap that exist.
Quality in early childhood is not all about giving the children the best it is also about giving support to teachers, preparing them so that they will be able to give the best to the children that they will be taking care of. My personal experience with this simulation process I believe came from my previous course issues and trends in early childhood field. Reading all about standard quality and achieving excellence in the early childhood field has broadened my horizon in the field of early childhood studies.
 There is evidence about how critical the early years are to a child’s development, the development of the brain in the early years is a pathway that affects physical and mental health, learning, and behavior through the life cycle. Evidences shows that children who are well nurtured during this period tend to do better in school and stand a better chance of developing the skills required to contribute productively to social and economic development, and I believe we can achieve this through quality.
The insights I have gained so far from constructing the research chart is knowing the acceptable methods of carrying out research, the parts of research articles and their meaning and also knowing that research is all about collaboration.
I am open to receiving advices from my colleagues because I believe that sharing knowledge makes us more resourceful and also brings out the best in us please feel free to give me your support because without your support this journey will not be easy. For now I don’t think I have resources that will help in this course but I promise to share when I come across any credible one because I believe research is all about credibility, and please do share with me when you come across credible resources
References:
A Practical Guide to Reading Research Articles
A Call for Excellence in Early Childhood Education


3 comments:

  1. Hi Patience,

    I enjoyed reading your post and also liked your chose topic. I agree with your point of view that, every early childhood professional should have a goal for achieving excellence. Sometimes people talk a lot on the quality in early childhood education such as programs and curriculum conducting, but overlook the key that who in charge of the projects. That's why nowadays we should make our professionalism be recognized and valued by the public and policy makers. I like you use the word 'collaboration' to describe doing research. It is true that conducing a research is a team work and needs a lot of communications. I think this is part of the competency we should build as well. I am looking forward to sharing any information and insight in the following study. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience
    I too am looking for support as this is not an easy thing to learn about. Collaboration does seem to be a key in research and I think that our classmates are going to be great help with collaboration along the way with this journey. I think that one of the resources that I learned about today that I am going to pursue for my research is a local community college. They are working on some interesting programs that I am looking into for information in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we need to have quality in our early childhood classrooms. I think that our directors, principals, administration, and policy makers need to be open and up front with teachers, staff members, and early childhood workers. I think there needs to be more support for attaining knowledge in the field. Through trainings or professional development. I also think that there needs to be more financial support for teachers and staff members that want to continue their education to be more prepared for teaching their classes.

    ReplyDelete