Saturday 21 February 2015

           Getting to Know Your International Contacts –Part 3
When ever come across the word international contacts, what comes into my mind is a support system and also quality resources that will help me better my career as an early childhood professional, to me resources is like food to our professional life.
So this week I got an e-letter that talks about parental engagement. This took my mind back to one of the courses I did that talked about parental involvement and how it helps children to do better academically.
Parents play a critical role in their children’s learning. When families and schools work together, the outcomes for children are usually better. This e-letter talk about simple things parents can do at home, and with their child’s school, to help their child to do their best. Showing children that education is important, building their confidence and connecting with their school helps to shape children’s learning and wellbeing.
Research shows the benefits of parental engagement in education include:
·         Improved academic outcomes;
·         Greater engagement in learning;
·         Children being motivated to do well;
·         Developing better relationships with others; and
·          Improved behavior and greater confidence.
With the above mentioned benefits of parental engagement in a child’s education all I can think of is that, to bring up a total child early childhood educators/ professionals have to take a holistic approach towards achieving greater outcomes.
Reference:
Early childhood  Australia WebWatch # 205



3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and I agree with you parents to play a key role in the education of their children and should always have a role in their education so that they will be able to help prepare them for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience,

    I enjoyed reading your post!!! I was always told that it takes a village to raise a child. Parents are children lst teachers. Learning starts at home. Yes, you are right, When families and schools work together, the outcomes for children are usually better, and thats because everyone is on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience
    I enjoyed reading your post. I agree with you that parents play a key role in grow-up of their children. Parents are children 1st teacher and best teacher. Childhood spent more time with their parents than teacher. When families and schools work together, it is the best way for children.

    ReplyDelete