Friday 21 August 2015

                                  Collaborative Learning Community and Effective Communication
The introduction to this communication and collaboration, shared a quote from an unknown author “We cannot “not communicate. We do it by our presence and by our absence, by our silences as well as our words, by our choices, gestures and attitudes. We may not always do it well but we always do it”- Unknown.
The video clip “Change your words change your world retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?, is a typical example of how we can use our choice of words usage to make a positive change in our lives and the lives of people around us.
This past eight weeks has been a fruitful one. My world view and way of communicating has changed drastically. I might not be where I want to be as an effective communicator right now, but I know I am a work in progress.
I will like to ask my colleagues some questions about communication.
How do you see yourselves when it comes to communication?
Does your world view influence the way you communicate?
Does your personal experience in life cloud the perception of other people’s reality?
Are you myopic when it comes to communication?
I have come to the realization that respect, reciprocating and being responsive are the three big tools we need to become effective communicators and collaborators.
I am grateful for having been in this wonderful class with each and every one of you, it wouldn’t have been easy without you all. Thanks for all your comments and responses in my discussion post and blog forum. I will definitely want to keep in touch with whoever is ready to keep in touch, because we learn every day and collaboration is the key to being an effective early childhood professional. I wish you all good luck in your future endeavor and God bless us all.
Below is my personal email address




2 comments:

  1. Patience,

    As always I've enjoyed reading and responding to your blogs. It's so encouraging how many like-minded colleagues that we have. I have appreciated your feedback and I pray that our paths cross again in the future. Good luck to you! Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future as a resource and someone to bounce something off of! Take care!

    Vanessa

    Email: vanessa.aldana@waldenu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading your discussions and blog posts throughout the course. I hope the rest of your classes go well and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete