Friday 26 June 2015

                                      My professional Hopes and Goals.

When I think of diversity, equity and social justice what comes to my mind is creating a society that is free from biases, unfair treatments , a conducive place where all humans can get equal treatments’ irrespective of their race, gender, abilities, social economic statue, sexual orientation and culture.
One hope that I have when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse background is creating a society that will be able to tolerate every individual irrespective of their economic statue, race, sexual orientation abilities, age and culture. A responsive society that will include all in all aspects of life, respecting every individual’s differences and appreciating the qualities that exist among us
One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is inculcating in the young children under our care the importance of tolerance, respect just treatment to everybody we come across and accepting people irrespective of their abilities, age or racial identity. I feel these are like virtues we need as human beings to keep us going where ever we find ourselves. Bringing up children is not an easy task but collaborating with one another to get the job done is what we owe each other as early educators. So with our burning desire/passion, we will be able to get there, because we know what the outcome will be when we eventually get there.
It has been a wonderful eight weeks, it wouldn’t have been easy without my wonderful and amazing colleagues’, I thank every one of you for your collaboration, comments on blogs and discussion posts. You all kept me going and bringing out the best in me by your comments each week. I appreciate you all, this is just the beginning of collaborating with you all because I know this is a lifelong career path we have chosen, and we will continue to share ideas even after this course through our blogs. God bless you all and I wish you the best.






3 comments:

  1. Patience, I appreciate your hopes and dreams in this area. This is such an important area of a child's growth in life. We seriously start the wheel rolling with our families and children. Hopefully the school district can continue on with the same goal. Because it's important that everyone feels equal and valuable. I appreciated that you wrote that your peers have brought out the best in you, that's wonderful and I feel likewise.Good luck as we move forward! I'm sure our paths will cross again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience,
    I also agree that tolerance is important. It is the first step to acceptance of others. I would love to see us move past mere tolerance to understanding and acceptance but I suppose we have to work in baby steps first. Thank you for sharing all of your hopes and goals with us. It has been a great 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post to your blog it shows that you have received a lot of information from this class and it shows that the information that was learned will be taken with you into your future into the early childhood field.

    ReplyDelete