Saturday 31 January 2015

                                  Sharing Web Resources
The most recent mail I got from the organization I subscribed to talks about engaging in overt advocacy through supporting existing early learning and child care campaigns or developing campaigns such as the current professional pay for professional work campaign.
The ideas/ statements/ resources that made me think of an issue in a new way is their engagement in conversations around early childhood education and child care policy development, research and practice. The association of early childhood educators Ontario (AECEO) strives to voice the needs, concerns and rights of early childhood educators in these important discussions that have an impact on the work of early childhood educators in Ontario.
The insights I about issues and trends in early childhood field I gained from exploring this website is knowing about how the board members try to attend as many meetings, consultations and community events as possible in order to represent early childhood educators, build partnerships and stay informed on current developments. They also use a variety of written formats to include the voice and needs of early childhood educators in a broader conversations and developments. These items include position papers on specific issues, formal responses to government policy and funding developments that impact the work of early childhood educators, as well as informal responses to public conversations such as letter to the editor.


3 comments:


  1. Patience,

    I can say board members work hard . I couldn’t imagine having to campaign and write position papers for different issues. I’ll just stick to teaching . Have you thought of campaigning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi patience,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I think It is important to be a advocacy to have people to know what is happening in Early Childhood field. What I can do is that speak out and share the information to the people and families around me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patience

    I truly enjoy reading your postings. I believe as an early childhood professional its our duty to not only educate the children but their parents. I say this because, there are so many parents still struggling with the development of their child / children. For example, I had a parent that want her child to only interact with their culture. I didn't allow the parent to run my class but, had the parent to observe her child as he / she played and communicated with others in the classroom.
    Greet Posting!

    ReplyDelete