Saturday 10 January 2015

Getting Ready-E stablishing  Professional contacts and Expanding Resources
My first course in Walden University, I learnt a lot from the professionals on how the rely on their colleagues and mentors, people that are in the early childhood profession with them. I was meant to understand that one should not be comfortable with what he/she knows, but to keep seeking for information on child development and economic issues as regards young children.
I was able to subscribe to Erikson News at EriksonNews@erikson.edu, I kept getting emails from concerning children and early childhood. I guess I was overwhelmed with my school work and learning how to be’ IT’ savvy I did not put much attention to writing to them. The last newsletter I got from them was in September 19 2014.
I visited this website The Global Fund for Children http://.globalfundforchildren.org.  This organization is involved in helping out children and what I like about this organization is approach they use in achieving their goals in helping out children.
Their three main strategies are:
Scout-This  involves their regional experts looking for organizations that that help in taking care of marginalized children in the world and also, local community leaders that are helpful and also community and youth involvement.
Support-They support these groups by giving them small amounts of money the groups in turn help in developing the world by helping the vulnerable children in need.
Strengthen- They strengthen these organizations by organizing   development awards that help organizations to improve their effectiveness.
I have registered with an early childhood organization called Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario Canada and I am hoping to get newsletter from this organization.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Patience,

    I enjoyed reading your post. It sounds, like me, you are increasing your awareness too of the Trends and Issues that exist Globally. Did you have much luck getting in touch with Early Childhood Professionals outside the US? Are you going ahead taking the Alternative assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patience,
    I enjoyed reading your post and hope you have luck to establish contact to Early Childhood Professional outside the US. I look forward to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patience
    I enjoyed your post, and as an early childhood professional, it is truly up to us to stay abreast of the various straggles when assisting children and share them with their family members.

    ReplyDelete