Friday 25 July 2014


Teacher’s role in project Approach

“The teacher’s role in education is always complex, regardless of the subject matter or the age of the students. In general the main focus is to help learner understand what they already know more and deeply and accurately while strengthening their dispositions to continue learning throughout life”

-Lillian G.Katz

 

“The teacher is also essential to building a classroom culture of mutual assistance among the children. She may suggest to a child who is having some difficulties creating a cardboard construction representation that a particular classmate might be able to help because he or she has done a similar thing recently”

-Lillian G.Katz

Evidence- Based Practice

“A decision-making process that integrates the best available research evidence with family and professional wisdom and values”

-Buysse, Virginia;   Wesley, Patricia W.

“When I think of the word passion and the meaning to the word passion, what comes to my mind are what are my values, what are my believes, what are the ideas that lead me to action, what do I do so naturally that perhaps seems natural to me but may be challenging to others? What’s in my heart?

-Leticia Lara, LCSW, Regional Manager for Outreach and

Professional Development for ZERO TO THREE

 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the definition of passion that you chose from the video because it's so true. Many times we may find ourselves thinking, "It's so obvious, why doesn't every see/understand this?" The reality is that we are able to see certain problems/solutions precisely because we are passionate about the subject at hand. People who do not share that passion are not as focused and, therefore, may not see things that we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience I enjoyed reading your quotes this week. A teacher's role in education can be very challenging. We have to wear so many hats and do so many things in and out of the classroom. I would also have to agree with Leticia Lara. Passion is a very hard word to simply define. Once we find our passion we must fight to keep it burning within in us daily. As Leticia spoke about her passion, my heart was full of joy. It is very refreshing to see someone who is following their passion.

    ReplyDelete