Friday 18 July 2014

Personal Childhood Web

Growing up as a child was very memorable because I had nothing to worry about but lots of family members to visit and play around with. I was fortunate enough to gain some knowledge from my grand mother,as a child I use to visit her during my school holidays in my village, learnt how to plant cassava and also how to harvest it also.Processing cassava in the Nigerian local way is another Knowledge I gained From her,learning how to prepare my local delicacies was part of some of the things I learnt from her as a child. One of the most important things I learnt from her also knowing my other relatives from her.
Another memorable time as a child was travelling with my uncle on a vesper from my grand mothers place to visit my cousins in town,this trip was usually made during weekends.My mum will forever remain my number one teacher in life, she is always in the business of teaching me the pros and cons of our society.She never gets tired of putting me through the right track all the time.My dad has always been my greatest fan and  he encourages me. no matter the position I find myself. My dad was our first Sunday school teacher,he was always telling us stories from the bible,he was also good at telling us history about our country,the civil war in Nigeria and also politics.
I call my dad my greatest fan and he encourages a lot because he does not believe that failure is an option because there is always room for improvement.
My grand dad also made a great impact in my life to, he taught me some of the traditions in my town.

3 comments:

  1. Patience
    It amazes me how much grandparents can play such a wonderful role in children’s lives. I too learned many things from my grandmother. I remember my grandmother saying that she wanted to teach all her grandchildren about how she did things as a kid, before technology took over. It makes me want to work harder at making the time to show my children some of the skills she taught me about cooking, gardening, and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience,
    It sounds as though you were very close to your grandparents. I think that grandparents sometimes have more time to teach us things than our parents and it makes the spent together special. This was obviously the case for you.
    Were their people in the community, outside your family, that you feel influenced you as a child?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your post I think that you included some very good information about your family it seems that you have a great fam0ily that loves an supports. The time that you spend with your family you can tell that you guys have a special bond.

    ReplyDelete