Friday 23 October 2015

                  Reflecting on Learning

Anti-bias is acknowledging all the differences and abilities that exist, embracing, accepting and being responsive towards all individual uniqueness. My most passionate hope and desire for my future as an early childhood professional and for children and families with whom I will work, is to be able to nurture all the children that will be under my care so that they will be able to believe in themselves no matter what, and have faith in their abilities.
I want to be able to inculcate into children, how to treat people fairly and respectfully irrespective of their abilities, race, gender, culture, social economic background and sexual orientation. As an early educator, I want to be able to create an affirmed environment that will give room to all children so that they will be able to grow, to be themselves, to exercise their rights and diversity.
“We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion”.(Max de Pree).
It has been quite an educative experience this past eight weeks, and it wouldn’t have been interesting without all my colleagues and my wonderful instructor. You all made me to grow in leaps and bounds in becoming an anti-bias educator. I thank you very much for your comments and encouraging words, and I know this is just the beginning of my road to becoming an anti-bias educator. I hope to meet you all again one day God willing, and I wish you all the very best as you go on this life long journey as early/anti-bias educators and may the good Lord bless us all.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Patience

    There is always room for improve as well as time to grow to become ourselves. It is such a pleasure to share the information that I have learn at Walden University with my colleagues as well as my coworkers. I truly believe when we are open-minded, it allows ourselves to be reachable to families and children. I enjoy reading and responding to your blogs as well as your discussion posts. I wish you well as you reach your goals as well as throughout your career. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating an environment that gives room for growth and where children can explore and be themselves aids in building an anti-bias environment. Engaging children in learning where they can explore their abilities to the fullest allows early childhood professionals the opportunity to be a positive in a child's life at an early age. I have enjoyed reading the numerous post from you and I am sure without a doubt like many other colleagues including myself you will make a difference in the lives of many children. Good luck in your future educational endeavors!

    ReplyDelete