Saturday 16 August 2014

Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment
Section 1
Ethical Responsibilities to Children
1-1.3 To recognize and respect the unique qualities, abilities and potential of each child. Every child is gifted. They just unwrap their packages at different times. I believe every child has great potentials but they all learn at their own pace. For me to be able to work with diverse children I should be able to identify their unique qualities and also have the patience to learn along with them. According to Palm Leo “you can’t teach children to behave better by making them feel worse. When children feel better, they learn better”
Section 111
Ethical Responsibilities to colleagues.
1-3A.2- To share resources with co-worker, collaborating to ensure that the best possible early childhood care and education program is provided.
No man is an Island and for us to work effectively for the benefit of the children we need a very big support system. We get this support by collaborating, sharing resources with our colleagues or working as a team. As a professional, sharing resources with colleagues is a big step towards achieving our goals.
Section IV
Ethical Responsibilities to Community and Society
P-4.4- We shall carefully check references and shall not recommend for employment any person whose competence, qualification or character makes him or her unsuited for the position.
Even though a child’s first place of learning is at home, the teachers do a lot of teaching and molding of a child’s character too. Of all the things schools can give students to help them succeed, effective teachers are the best bet. In education research, having an effective teacher consistently rises to the top as the most important factor in learning-more so than the student ethnicity or family income, school attended, or class size (Center for Public Education 2005). Acquiring early childhood knowledge will help my professional life positively.


4 comments:

  1. Patience, I love your statement that each child is gifted but they unwrap their packages at different times. That is so true! I have had the privilege the last two years to teach a brother and sister together. Even though their family environment was the same, they were each very unique in the way they learned and grew. They had many things in common like being very loving and redheaded! But they each progressed at a different pace. Thanks for reminding me how special each and every child is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your statement about children being gifted really hit home with me and I think that it is a great statement for me to share with parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience I enjoyed reading your post. I agree that every child is a gift from God. We should respect each child as an individual and respect each child as an individual and respect the uniqueness and difference of each child. I also believe that collaborating with other professionals is necessary. This is one of things that I feel that I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience

    It has been a pleasure taking this class with you. I especially loved hearing about your experiences in Nigeria. Reading your post has reminded me of how blessed we are here. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to network with you during this course and hope that we will be able to keep in touch. I hope that you continue to persevere and achieve all of your dreams and goals. I wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete